The diagnosis treatment and follow-up of various diseases of infants within the first month after birth are carried out in Newborn Intensive Care Unit.
Main diseases treated and followed in Newborn Intensive Care unit are:
- Treatment and care of premature babies, who born after the 24th week of the pregnancy,
- Respiratory distress syndrome (RDS) in premature babies,
- Newborn temporary tachypnea,
- Congenital pneumonia,
- Diaphragmatic hernia,
- Meconium aspiration syndrome,
- Child of a diabetic mother,
- Brain edema and brain damage after challenging birth,
- All newborn infectious diseases,
- Newborn jaundice (light therapy and blood exchange),
- Drug treatment of congenital heart diseases,
- Newborn convulsions
Mechanical ventilation (artificial respiration), 24-hour monitorization, patient x-ray and ultrasound, patient echocardiography, patient-based EEG, blood change, light therapy and umbilical catheter practices are carried out in Newborn Intensive Care Unit of Private Çapa Hospital.
Detailed information provided to every newborn’s family about the health and condition of their babies our newborn intensive care. Also, parents are allowed to visit their children once a day.