All kinds of examinations and treatments related to respiratory system diseases can be carried out in our policlinic. Our hospital can perform the diagnosis and treatment of the following diseases in our Chest Surgery and Diseases Department.
- Lung and Bronchial cancers
- Chronic Obstructive Lung Diseases (COPD, asthma etc.)
- Allergic diseases (allergic asthma, allergic rhinitis)
- Pneumonia and other lung infections (bronchitis, bronchiolitis)
- Pneumothorax, Hemothorax
- Pectus excavatum, Pectus carinatum (Chest Wall Shape Disorders)
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Chest injuries (Rib fractures, Flail chest, Hemothorax, Pneumothorax, Pneumomediastinum, Lung Injuries, Pneumoconiosis (Trachea) Injuries and ruptures)
- Pulmonary embolism
- Pulmonary tuberculosis
- Interstitial lung diseases
- Occupational diseases
- Respiratory failure (in our intensive care unit)
IN OUR LABORATORY OF CHEST SURGERY AND DISEASES
- Respiratory Function Tests (RFT)
- Fiber-optic video bronchoscopic and rigid bronchoscopic procedures (diagnosis and treatment)
- Video-Thoracoscopy (VATS) surgery and biopsy
- ETS Sweating Operations
- Allergy skin test
- Noninvasive Mechanical Ventilation
- Pleura biopsies
- Lung biopsies (bronchoscopic, mediastinoscopic, videothoracoscopic, transthoracic fine needle biopsy, true-cut biopsy, thoracentesis, pleural biopsy)
FLEXIBLEVIDEO and RIGID BRONCHOSCOPY
Bronchoscopy is an endoscopic diagnosis used for advanced evaluation of lung diseases and is a treatment method when conditions are suitable. Flexible bronchoscopy can be carried out in our endoscopy laboratory and rigid bronchoscopy can be carried out in our operating room with an appointment and anesthesia.
Bronchoscopy is used in the diagnosis and staging of lung cancer and masses, in the diagnosis of a long-lasting cough, coughing hemorrhages (hemoptysis), and in the diagnosis of foreign substances in the lungs.
It is a method used to diagnose the pleura diseases and remove fluids from the lungs (pleura). Both the structural feature of this fluid (transudate, exudate, pus) as well as the diseases that cause the fluid accumulation can be detected with this method. Thoracentesis is also being used in our hospital as a treatment method.
This method, which is used in the diagnosis of pleural diseases, is carried out together with ultrasound or computerized tomography in our hospital. This is an important method that can be used when there is water accumulation in pleura diseases and between the pleura.
LUNG FINE NEEDLE BIOPSIES WITH ULTRASONOGRAPHY AND COMPUTERIZED TOMOGRAPHY
This method, which is used to diagnose lung masses and cancers, is a safe and great method for diagnosis since it is carried out together with ultrasonography and computerized tomography.
Allergy tests are performed in our hospital which is used to detect allergic substances that cause allergic diseases. These tests are carried out in two types.
Allergy skin (prich) test
Allergy tests with a blood sample
“Allergy skin test” is the most reliable known allergy test and it is carried out by our technicians in our laboratory. Allergy skin test is preferred because it is easy to get results quickly and easy to apply.
RESPIRATORY FUNCTION TEST
Respiratory function test is an important test which we use in order to evaluate the risk of the preoperative period and in the diagnosis of obstructive lung diseases (COPD, asthma, chronic bronchitis) and lung diseases (sarcoidosis, Pulmonary fibrosis etc.).
NON-INVASIVE MECHANICAL VINDICTION (BIPAP-CPAP)
It is a method used in copd, asthma, heart failure, and respiratory failure. It is used for the hospitalized patients and intensive care in our hospital.
RESPIRATORY INTENSIVE CARE
The treatment process can be sustained with our patients with advanced stage pulmonary disease in our intensive care unit.